Saturday, October 4, 2014

crete

I'm already planning a return trip. I love this place the way I love Turkey. It's probably not coincidental since Crete was occupied by the Turks (Ottomans) until a little over 100 years ago.  It's got everything we love:


Cats, of course. The kids are in cat heaven. Friendly strays all over the place. 


Beautiful old buildings


walking paths


Blue skies and oceans


places to hike


gorgeous vistas


grapes and other plant life growing everywhere we look (including overhead at lunch)


the harbor


more cats


and goats


beaches


swimming


and relaxing

Just a taste of our first 24 hours. Loving our time away!

4 comments:

Barbara Chartier said...

Wish I were there. Looks wonderful.

Mom said...

It looks so peaceful. Can't wait to see more.

Jan Carlson said...

Wow…done on the fly seems to work for you guys! Enjoy every minute.

Jan

kristy said...

So awesome, I was waiting for some coffee or foodie pictures :)