Sunday, February 6, 2011

intermission

OK, I was going to continue my evacuation story yesterday, but in the middle of the day I hit the wall. After a week of 3-4 hours of sleep each night and cleaning up after a bunch of sickies non-stop since we arrived in the US, my body said, "enough." I barely made it to 7pm and then I crashed.

Thankfully no one new has gotten sick in the past 24 hours. I'm really hoping that means that Caleb and I (and my parents!) have escaped this plague. This morning I still feel like I could sleep for another week, but I'm better than I was.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy the Superbowl today. Since I didn't even know who was playing until we landed in the states, I'm not terribly invested in the game. Maybe I'll have time to continue our evacuation adventure while everyone else is cheering for Green Bay.

4 comments:

Jan Carlson said...

Or, you could take a nap while everyone else cheers for Green Bay and keeps Camille occupied. I say you're earned it. We'll still all be here to read it whenever the saga continues.

Rest....
Jan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jan. Take a nap...if you can. I could never sleep in the day even if someone was watching Jack. And if you watch the game, you should cheer for the Steele-ers. :)
-Carrie

Nana Barbara said...

Ditto--take a nap. There is no better cure that sleep, or at least quiet rest time with no demands. Moms give, give, give all day, and sometimes at night, too. You need time when you don't have to take care of anybody, or do anything at all.

Mama G said...

Hey there! I just finished our exodus story. It seems like a dream now. How about to you? Life is crazy, but it's fun! You never know where it will take you! I hope you have a more relaxing week ahead! Hugs!