Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On the road again

I haven't been on the computer in 3 days . . . I think that might be a record for me. I've been having a secret rendezvous with our new Kindle. I thought that it would be just like reading on a computer and while I can read message boards, news articles, and blogs all day long on a computer, I can't do books. It bugs. Maybe because when I read books I like to curl up on the couch or in the bathtub, and you can't exactly do that with a computer. But this Kindle thing is amazing. It feels like nothing in your hand, but it reads just like a book. And I can still read in the bathtub. Win. Win. Win.

The bigger reason I haven't been online is because we are traveling again. We are currently in Southern California for my sister's wedding and while the hotel does have wi fi, there is a little human who has been particularly needy since we left. We were a little worried because our hotel is right on the train tracks (and right on the beach!), but no need to worry about the trains waking us up at night because the baby screaming very nicely covers up any train noise we might possibly hear. She's so considerate.

Hopefully baby will feel better soon, I will finally get around to charging the battery in my camera, and Josh will pry the Kindle out of my hot little hands so I can get around to posting the last segment of our evacuation story. And maybe a few photos of the boys on the beach. But first I need to go grab breakfast before Josh comes back and unloads the baby on me.

6 comments:

Nana Barbara said...

Doggone! She should be feeling better by now. Glad you're enjoying the Kindle. Enjoy the beach.

Tina said...

I've always wondered about how nice the Kindle is to read with, compared to a real book or computer screen. Hope the baby feels better soon!

Jan Carlson said...

I always spoke with distane about Kindles...after all I liked the feel of a "real" book in my hands. I fancied myself a purist. Then I borrowed one. Now I am the oh-so-happy owner of a kindle. The room it saves in my suitcase while on vacations is reason enough to get one. You can spend a fortune if you don't look out but I try to keep my library in business too.

So Camille did a lot of screaming...but did she look so, so cute at the wedding?

Anonymous said...

I love my kindle. I have been reading so much more because I always have it with me. Three other people have bought one because of me. Instapaper and Kindlefeeder are some great webapps to use with the Kindle. I was using Kindlefeeder to read your blog In The Morning while eating breakfast, but i chose to use a feed reader so i can see the photos and videos.

Robin said...

Gus, thanks for the suggestions! I love that you can read other things on the Kindle. I didn't know that feature before you mentioned it. Now I just have to figure out what I want to add to my kindlefeed . . .

Jan, I thought the same thing about it before I had one, lol. I thought real books were better. Not anymore. The wedding is this Saturday. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post.

Amy Martin said...

Oh Man! She is still puking?! At least if you are at the beach! Can't wait to see all the pictures:)