Friday, February 11, 2011

You heard it here first:

Oman -- March 2011. That is the (current) plan.

ETA: I have no other details other than they gave us the go-ahead to apply for visas and to start the process of redirecting our car and stuff from Egypt to Oman. Combine that with the Mubarak resigning/not resigning game playing and our Egypt door has closed. I don't actually have an opinion on it at the moment. I'm sure it will be fine. We have friends in Oman at the moment and from their pictures it looks like a beautiful country. I think I just don't have the energy to get geared up and get excited about another country/culture at the moment. Been there, done that, and now I'm sitting on my parents' couch, lol.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine going through all the work again. Hmm. I will need to look on a map to find Oman. Still want visitors? Once you get settled, of course.
-Carrie

Robin said...

Oman is on the southern end of the Saudi peninsula. I can't imagine doing it all over again either, but I already know we will want visitors. :)

sarah jean, said...

i have a good omen about Oman.

you name the day, time, beach and we'll meet you there. my O pretty much asks every day if i've called you or been in touch with you about all of us getting together. AND on a similar note, maybe we should do a little double date before you take off again....let's chat. xo

Robin Lemke said...

Wow, I'd feel the same way. I changed churches and felt the same way. I can't imagine changing countries. And I just told Randy I'm coming to SF with him this summer...

Robin said...

Rob, we'll plan a get-together for *next* summer, post ME exploration. Hopefully we'll be stationed on the West Coast and can take a road trip or meet somewhere like SF.

Tina said...

At least you already know who to travel internationally with the kiddos.

Nana Barbara said...

Just take one thing at a time. Go enjoy the wedding and family. Then plan for your next adventure. You are now a pro at international travel and acculturation and so are your kids. I'm. pproud of you all.

Mama G said...

I totally understand about not getting too excited. I am intrigued by Morocco, but it's hard to believe we'll be making the same purchases we did before we left, packing up again, and flying across the globe again! Phew, it makes me so tired! It WILL be exciting for all of us, but it's a lot to comprehend. How many families get to live in two different countries almost for free? WE DOOO! YAY for us! :) Miss you! I'll be sad that we aren't in the same country, but at least we'll be able to visit you! I think our two countries will be the only ones that can be visited with all of the other uprisings!

Anonymous said...

I had a friend just return from Oman. Skype was not allowed, and I'm not sure about Facebook... -Shiloh

Robin said...

yeah, our friends in Oman have to use a VPN (or proxy server) to access things like facebook. :)